Happy Friday! Plaid is classic for Fall. Plaid is so versatile from tartan to cozy flannels you can really change up your looks from year to year. Mixing plaids or pairing it with unexpected pieces keeps your look fresh.
Every year I look forward to decorating a fresh batch of pumpkins. I haven’t been in the mood this year, partially because it doesn’t feel like fall yet and I can’t quote get in the Halloween spirit. I have pulled together 10 of my favorite pumpkin inspirations to get my creative juices flowing. Do you decorate pumpkins? I’d love to hear your ideas!
Here are mine I decorated last year:
One of my best girlfriends has two large bookcases in her home office that needed some styling. I spent a few hours pulling them together so I thought I would share some tips on how you can style your own perfect bookcase. Luckily, she had a lot of great objects and decorative pieces that could be used to make them interesting.
One of the best ways to style your bookshelves is to layer. Layer art behind books, place objects on top of stacks, etc. You don’t need to go out and shop for tons of decorative pieces. Chances are you have lots around your house that would work perfectly. This gives it a more gathered look versus everything looking new. She only bought 2 new pieces the rest she already had. Baskets are perfect for storing those items you need, but may not be too pretty.
Since these bookshelves are in an office there are certain supplies that needed to be stored. Place them in pretty glass containers to show them off while still being functional. I love the use of unexpected items as well such as this antique fan and gnome candle. Use pieces that show your personality.
If the spine of a book isn’t pretty just turn it around. Framed cards or art break up the space from being just objects and books.
I like using objects such as this old bottle or vases as bookends. Try to add height. I did this by placing a small plant on a stack of books and placing the scale on a book with paint swatches on top.
This shelf is full of vintage pieces. It perfectly showcases my friend’s style.
I have pulled together some key pieces that will help you style your bookcases:
Good morning! Today I have a California casual home tour for you designed by Peter Dunham. Peter Dunham is known for his effortless chic spaces that layer rich textiles and vintage pieces. This home is no exception. I love the mix of old and new to make this feel comfortable and livable. Take a look.
What do you think? I love the effortless feel and the masterful mix of textiles.
Happy Friday! Today I am showing you how to style the perfect fall skirt for day and night. When buying investment pieces I always make sure I can wear them in many different ways. This houndstooth skirt is the perfect investment piece for fall and you can take it from day to night.
Pairing this skirt with a t-shirt and booties is the perfect way to keep this casual while being pulled together.
A pretty blouse and heels really dress up this look. It’s perfect for a night out this Fall.
October is Breast Cancer awareness month. I’m sure many of us have all been touched by breast cancer (or cancer in general). I personally have seen multiple family members battle cancer and a childhood friend of mine unfortunately passed away this year from the terrible disease. Although we should shop for the cause year round you see a lot more products that give back in October. I gathered some of my favorite items that give back to breast cancer charities for you to shop. If you would like to donate directly to the cause you can here.
1. Under Armour ‘Go Fight Cure’ Tee- For each item sold a donation will be made to Breast Cancer charities.
2. Archipelago Candle- Archipelago has partnered with Breast Cancer Angels and is donating 10% of all proceeds of this collection to underprivileged cancer patients and their families
3. Hope Strength Love Collection- 50% of the purchase price will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
4. Harmony Flip Flops- 50% of sandal sales will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
5. One Hope Wine- 50% of profits will be donated to Breast Cancer charities.
6. Holst + Lee Necklace- 70% of purchase price will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
7. Inspire Bracelet- 100% of proceeds will be donated to the Noreen Fraser Foundation for Breast Cancer research and awareness.
8. Origins Hydrating Lip Balm- $3.50 from each lip balm donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
9. Pink Rabbit Corkscrew- Portion of the sales go to Breast Cancer Research.
10. Marc Jacobs Pink Honey Perfume- $3 per bottle donated to National Breast Cancer Foundation.
White kitchens will always be a classic look, but black is making a huge splash. I love the dramatic bold feel of a black kitchen. I also love the bright airy feel of white cabinetry. Both work in small and large kitchens. You may think black would make a space feel smaller, but that is not the case. Take a look at these black and white kitchens. I’d love to hear what you like better.
What do you think? Do you like the drama of a black kitchen or the lightness of a white kitchen?